UTS INTERNAL RESOURCES
UTS has a broad range of support services available to our international students. Such as academic support, health and well-being, financial help, accommodation, legal support, mentoring and networking. You can access all these free supports to enhance your learning, health, and well-being on this page:https://www.uts.edu.au/current-students/support">https://www.uts.edu.au/current-students/support.
However, if you are a newly arrived international student, you might not be aware of all the essential information related to your day-to-day life, and experiencing difficulties in locating the information that you need. You might want to check UTS International students’ Arrival Guides if this is the case.
Apart from the above general support and information page, here are some quick links for UTS’s most commonly used services.
- Accessibility – for students with a disability or ongoing medical or mental health conditions.
- Scam awareness for international students – This page sets out some common scams you need to be aware of.
- Careers Service – a range of career and job services for UTS students.
- Counselling – free and confidential individual and group counselling.
- Financial Assistance – student loans and financial advice for domestic and international students. You can also read our top tips for managing your money.
- Health Service – confidential, bulk-billing medical services on campus.
- HELPS – English language and academic skills support, including workshops, one-on-one sessions, and special conditions in exams for students from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Housing – support and advice for students seeking on and off-campus accommodation. Read Tips for Renting if you are planning to live off-campus. There is also Chinese and Arabic versions available.
- Legal Service – all students at UTS have access to free legal advice on a range of matters.
- Multi-faith Chaplaincy – support for students seeking help with personal and spiritual issues.
- ActivateUTS – clubs and societies to connect students with similar interests.
UTS Student Centre – assistance and information regarding fee-related matters, refunds, enrolments, internal course transfers, graduations and testamurs, student ID cards and academic records.
This year we partnered with Sydney Community Forum, which advocates for supporting international students. Sydney Community Forum (SCF) is an independent non-government organisation that has existed since 1974. They work towards social justice, inclusion, and sustainability in a broad region of Sydney. They provide free Intake Assessment and Referral Services (IAR) on mental health, work rights, tenancy and housing, legal advice, education, safety, family and children, and also well-being for international students. Feel free to reach out to them for all the support that suits you the most.