Our Peer Tutoring service connects UTS students who need help with a subject with students who have achieved a credit, distinction or high distinction
Supporting you in your field of study.
#What is it?
Our Peer Tutoring service connects UTS students who need help with a subject with students who have achieved a credit, distinction or high distinction final result in the same subject and are willing to help other students. Peer Tutoring offers affordable private tutoring to UTS students.
#Need a Peer Tutor?
Are you struggling with a subject and think you could benefit from some private tutoring? We may have someone who can help you. Most tutors charge a minimum of $25 per hour, paid directly to the tutor by the student at the end of each lesson. Please ensure the hourly rate is agreed upon BEFORE tutoring occurs.
To request a UTSSA Peer Tutor you need to:
- Be a current UTS student
- Complete the Request a Peer Tutor Form
- Return your completed form to the Students' Association
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org or,
In person: Students' Association Office, Room 22, Level 3, UTS Tower Building 1 Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 4:30pm.
Ensure that you have included your UTS email address. We can only send Peer Tutor contact details to a UTS email. Ensure that both the UTS course name(s) and number(s) are accurate and legible. These are the items we use to search our database.
#Become A UTSSA Peer Tutor
Are you patient and think you can share your knowledge with students who need some extra help?
Peer Tutors are UTS students who have completed a subject at UTS with a grade of credit, distinction or high distinction and are willing to help other students. The aim of the UTSSA Peer Tutoring Program is to offer students who are having difficulty with a subject support through tutoring from a fellow student who has performed well in the same subject.
To become a UTSSA Peer Tutor you need to:
- Be a current UTS student, and
- Achieve a grade of credit, distinction or high distinction in a UTS subject.
How do I register?
- Complete the . 'Preferred Contact Details' are the contact details to be given to students. Ensure these are accurate and legible
- Bring your completed form into the Students' Association Office. Forms must be returned in person to:
Students' Association Office, Room 22, Level 3, UTS Tower Building 1 Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 4:30pm.
- To verify, Bring along your UTS Student ID Card and your results. Log into My Student Admin in our office for staff to confirm the results