Course concerns Experiencing inequality in your course?

Course concerns

For course and subject assistance related to: 

• academic questions or issues – firstly contact your tutor or lecturer, and if unsatisfied, escalate queries to the subject/course coordinator.
• administrative questions or issues – contact the Student Centre.

Designated academic assistance roles:

Academic advisers provide advice to assist students who are on academic caution or early intervention.

Academic liaison officers are academic staff in each Faculty who assist students with disabilities and ongoing illnesses; and those who have difficulties in their studies due to carer responsibilities, or students who are pregnant.  

Responsible Academic Officers are senior academics in each Faculty who oversee assessment procedures and resolve conflicts relating to assessments. 


The University has procedures to follow when raising a complaint which are are based on confidentiality, impartiality, procedural fairness and protection from victimisation. Processes for dealing with complaints are outlined in the UTS Policy on the Handling of Student Complaints.

If unsure on how to proceed with a course query, please come see our Student Advocates during our Tuesday Drop In session.