The SRC is holding its Annual General Election.
Applications are open for the position of:
The UTS Students' Association conducts and election in October each year for the following year's President and the Officers of the SRC (Student Representative Council). The election is conducted by an independent Returning Officer who employees a number of independent Poll Clerks to assist. Poll Clerks must be punctual and well behaved.
Polling days include: 10th, 11th and 12th October 2018. The count will take place on the night of 12th October 2018.
To be a polling booth attendant you MUST:
- Be available to attend a paid training session held at 8.00am on Wednesday 10th October 2018.
- Sign the attached political neutrality affidavit.
- Be able to supply a Tax File Number if employed.
- Be able to work in Australia i.e. Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of Visa with work rights. ( copy to be sighted)
- Be able to work full shifts from the attached list.
The Poll Clerk duties include:
- Setting up the polling booth
- Ensuring security of voting papers, ballot boxes and election rolls
- Ensuring persons presenting are entitled to vote by examining student card
- Marking the role against the name of the voter
- Initialling and issuing ballot papers
- Counting votes at conclusion of election
- Other duties consistent with the conduct of an election and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the SRC and UTS
If you are interested in applying for the position of Poll Clerk please complete and sign the application form below and return it to the Students' Association office.
APPLICATIONS received before 5pm on the 25th September 2018 will be given priority.
Contact the Students’ Association Office:
Room 22, Level 3, Tower Building 1, University of Technology Sydney
If you have any questions please contact the election Returning Officer:
- Paulene Graham